Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Dayz coming to an end...

What's that I hear, is that, a roar of cheering going on across America. A cheer that the kids are going back to school? Well I can actually say that we had a wonderful summer, even though we didn't get to go on vacation. I'm bummed about no vacation this year, but it makes me happy that we had so much fun that no one here noticed. Here's a recap of our summer:

Went to the Hiwassee River

VBS at Barfield Baptist

lots of swimming and Jacob learned to swim under water, can now do flips in the pool and loves to cannon ball. He really solidified his swimming skills. Maggie still wears her swim vest and is quite confident going all over the pool in it. She now jumps in the little pool which may not sound like much but we have had a set back with her in the pool so her excitement for the pool is growing. We even got to squeeze in a swim lesson from Ms. McKenzie, the best swim teacher ever!!

Went to the Sports Com pool where Jacob discovered slides for the first time.

Splash Pad

Trinity VBS

Discovery Center

Lots of movie nights- one night even lasted til 12:30!!!!

Going to the library weekly

Lots of play dates

Went to see Cars 2 and if we don't take Jacob to see Smurfs I think he may run away.

Football camp and football practice for Jacob- that will be a whole separate post. We're so dang excited about this adventure for him.

A visit from Mom Mom and Pop Pop at 4th of July.

Oh yeah, fireworks.

which brings me to dance parties

and baking parties with friends- learned how to make cake balls

Yes, I must say we made the most out of summer. My goal was to do something planned with the kids every single day. I can honestly say that I did that except maybe 2 days where we just stayed home so I could catch up on housework. Those few days we had unlimited amounts of movie watching, wii playing, and lots of made up games. Maggie and Jacob had such a good time together making up games to play. I love that imaginative play. Reminds me of when I was little.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing with me your goal and inspiring me to do the same with my kiddos. My first summer break with the kids was special and I'm so thankful we got to spend it together.
    You are a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete