Monday, July 11, 2011

I like this idea of grace

In case you thought you were the only one who felt like everyone else around you was the perfect mom and you are still here struggling... After almost 6 years of parenting I would have thought that I'd have it down by now. And most days I do. I'm proud of the decisions, sacrifices, devotion, dedication it takes to be the mom I am. But I'm a firm believer in always looking for ways to improve. I don't beat myself up, but there are some days I think, you could have done that better. I'm glad I reflect. How else would I be able to make changes and improve. I hope my kids think I was the perfect mom, but I would never want Maggie to think that I thought I was. Because I don't want her to think the perfect mom is who she needs to be.

I love this mom's perspective of being a mother. Its nice to know that we don't have to come from a perfect place to start a legacy. I can still influence what comes after me, no matter what has come before me. Yeah. I like this idea of grace. I think I will start to use a little more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment