Tuesday, June 12, 2012

DIY twine wrapped vases

It all started with this: By the way, Bertolli is the best spaghetti sauce in a jar. Just thought I would throw that out there. I saw a vase that a friend made that she saw on Pinterest. It was the kind where you put paint on the inside of the vase. Well, I kinda wanted to go with something different so I just thought about what I had on hand that I could wrap around the jar. I had this twine that is used for crafts, it unrolls and makes this papery kind of ribbon. I'm using technical terms, can't you tell. I suppose you could use many kind of materials, yarn, jute, any kind of ribbon. I didn't even take the wrappers off once decided to wrap them. I wrapped the twine around the glass, put a dab of hot glue, wrapped, hot glue, etc. I loved the first one so much I just kept on going till I had 3. Well, actually my MIL was here and I made her one. I have a lot of hydrangeas so I always have fresh flowers to arrange in the summer. I thought this was a cute way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment