Monday, February 7, 2011

Milestone coming up

Jacob is known for saying random things. So I tend to tune him out sometimes, although I'm making a conscious effort not to do this. The other night I was was laying down with him and he told me his tooth was loose. (he says this a lot if he's around another child who has a loose tooth) so I started to disregard him but thought I would do some investigating first. And sure enough, wouldn't you know it one of his front top teeth is loose. Not really loose, but you can tell it is getting loose. I know this day would come. And to tell you the truth, I'm quite upset that after all those nights staying up with him when he would be cranky from teething, are you serious, now its falling out? It is a rite of passage. One that makes me realize how fast he is growing up. It scares me sometimes because little moments like this catch me off guard and that's when I have time to think about bringing him home from the hospital.

The good thing is that it makes me really appreciate Maggie and where she's at developmentally because its a reminder to hold on to times that maybe I let slip through my hands with Jacob.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, I felt exactly that way when Kelsey went to Kindergarten. Just another one of those "quit my job and stay home with Brady" moments. On a side note, I know Jacob is probably SUPER PUMPED about this milestone. Tooth fairy get ready!!!

    ReplyDelete