Friday, January 8, 2010

Poor Winter

I feel bad for winter. If you have logged on to facebook in the past week, you will see that apparently, no one likes cold weather. Except my husband, he's weird. I can't get the man to put his shorts away in even 20 degree weather. He finds it invigorating.

I do always look forward to spring, and the blooms and warm weather it brings, but to make Winter not feel so bad, here are the things I love about winter.

1) I love the candle scents that we light in the winter, like bonfire, ginger vanilla, mulled cider, gingerbread.
2) I do love snow and how it makes everything, even ugly stuff, look so beautiful. It also makes things quiet in Tennessee, b/c us Tennesseans are afraid of the stuff apparently.
3) I love how the cold weather makes us be more home bodies. I tend to busy myself too much and need something like 15 degrees to give me a reason to just stay in and come up with fun stuff to do. The kids played with play doh for almost a whole hour today.
4)I love when the fire place is going, although I think we need to get a carbon monoxide detector. Every time we have the fireplace on, I get really sleepy and want to curl up in front of the fireplace like a dog.
5) I love to see berries on trees
6) I love to see cardinals coming around so much.
7) Slipper socks. Need I say more?
8) Winter clothes seem to be in fashion a lot longer than those trendy summer and spring clothes.
9) Its also easier to cover up “stuff” in winter clothes.
10)lots and lots of cuddling

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. So when is it goingt o warm up enough that we can venture out to our once in a blue moon girls night out? I'm so ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list! i guess i have been pretty harsh on winter lately....just ready for spring. and thanks for becoming a blither blather fan!!!

    ReplyDelete