Friday, April 3, 2009

Hello Kate




I was introduced to Jon and Kate plus 8 when Maggie came along. A friend of mine suggested that I watch it if I feel overwhelmed with just two. Since then, my mantra has become "if Kate can do it with 8 I can do it with 2!" I love the show and my husband accuses me of being obsessed with it.

My friend Katie entered a contest online to win a chance to get tickets to the Southern Women's Show where Kate would appear and a grand prize winner would get to meet her. Katie and I made an aggreement that if either of us won, we would take the other. Well, Katie won VIP seats to see her, but not the chance to meet her. So we headed down to the Nashville Convention Center 45 minutes before the show like we were supposed to and every seat in the place was filled. Apparently Katie and I aren't the only fans of the show. These people had been camped out all day. There was a miscommunication with the show and there were no seats reserved. We were furious. They told us that they would send the winners a signed copy of the book but sorry, basically. Well, Katie did get to go back stage and meet Kate but she said Kate was in a bad mood so she didn't say anything to her.

Kate came out and answered questions that the audience had. Some questions were






  • When the cameras are off do you spank? Yes, she and Jon believe in spanking for certain things. I was disturbed when the audienced cheered. I mean, did that really need applause? "yeah, she beats her kids!"



  • Does Jon work outside the home? Jon works from home and is currently working on a spin off of Jon and Kate plus 8.



  • Where do you get your clothes? Ann Taylor Loft



  • Any new books coming out? Yes, 8 little faces is coming out in a week or so, and one will be released in the fall that has recipes in it. YES!



  • Are you going back to work when the kids go to school? No, the kids are starting Jr Kindergarten this year. What is that???



Katie and I got separated during the show and the people who she won the tickets with said that they were going to let the winners only get their books signed by her. I snuck in that line behind Katie and got mine signed too. She is beautiful in person although she had stripper shoes on. Weird. Very tan and skinny. When I got up there to meet her I told her to tell Jon Happy Birthday. My bday is the day before his but in my star stuck-dom I told her we had the same birthday???? His is April Fools day so she said, "oh you're a joke too?" I can't believe I met her today. Thank you Katie (Isaacs not Gosselin)

3 comments:

  1. Awww! How fun! I love her show too. Totally makes me feel better about my own chaos.
    What a cool birthday gift to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching their show makes me laugh so hard because you can't get much funnier than 3 year old energy, although it also reminds me to take my birth control too, so its a great show all the way around.
    On the spanking note, yeah its not something to cheer about either as I know parents dont enjoy doing it, but I think people get really irritated that people don't do it in moderation anymore and the people who do are made to feel like child abusers. While there are those that get carried away, in moderation and in a controlled manner, its pretty effective as I can attest!

    Sounds like you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! great post, jen. i didn't know she said AT Loft was her store, but i knew it from an episode. however she was not sporting it today! LOL thanks for going. you were a trooper. can't wait for her new books!

    ReplyDelete